ADOLESCENTS/ YOUTH REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH
- High incidence of teenage pregnancy; rape and gender-based violence.
- Most secondary schools don't teach ARH comprehensively.
- Low comprehensive knowledge of ARH (30.7% of 7 billion population of Ogun State).
- Increasing prevalence of HIV and other Sexually Transmitted Infections and Diseases.
- Four Youth Friendly Centres in Ogun State, resulting in only few of the Adolescents and young persons having access to SRH services.
- Inadequate funding of ARH by the State Government.
COMMUNITY HEALTH OUTREACHES
- Health coverage is not universal.
- Many residents of rural and peri-urban communities are prone to ill-health and occupational hazards, but accessibility to healthcare services is not an easy one.
- Most households in underserved areas do not have access to national health insurance scheme.
- On the average, out-of-pocket payment for medical services is expensive, and this negatively impacts household income.
- Facilitating health outreaches for underserved communities bring healthcare services closer to the people.